Friday, February 22, 2013

What do you call a florist with one good leg...Amanda!

As some of you may know, I used to be a competitive Highland Dancers. Travelling all over
Scotland to compete and even canada on three seperate occassions to compete at their Interprov championships. In November ( last year already! ) Elise Lyall asked some of her..lets say retired dancers to return to do a selection of choreography which we had done several years ago.

After several weeks of practice the show arrived and everyone had a fantastic first show and was raring to go for the second. The second night arrived and my first piece went as well as the first night, busting moves in our Saturday Night Fever outfits like no one had seen us move before lol! The finale however had a slightly unfortunate drama for myself....

...upon our entrance to the stage for the finale, we arrived through the middle of the hall and through the audience. What happened to me right in the middle of 400 people... my achilles tendon ruptured! OUCH! Still the show must go on etc.. so like the true professional that I am ( hehe ) I got up and hobbled up the stairs and onto the stage where I made a quick exit to stage left.

A trip to Accident and emergency resulted in my poorly peg being put into plaster for an initial 6 weeks. Then after for another 4 weeks my cast was changed weekly stretching out the tendon. Then three weeks in a walking cast.

So im now cast free but still using the crutches to get about until the muscle is built back up and with the help of a wonderful pyhsio team moving freely again.  The office chair is definitely a fantastic invention and has helped me wheel about the shop.

So it has been a very crazy 13 weeks with Christmas, christmas weddings, valentines, weddings and now heading to mothers day but fingers crossed ill be back up on my feet properly in the next couple weeks so I can get back to driving as well!

So just a big thank you to everyone for understanding that its been taking me a bit longer to get orders made, delivered etc :) As usual you've all been fab! xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment