Monday, January 20, 2014

RHS Chelsea 2013

After attending the RHS Chelsea Scottish heat in November 2012, I was delighted to be announced as the Scottish Representative in the BFA RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year category at the RHS Chelsea flower show in the May 2013. After being there in 2013 I had a little bit more of an idea of what lay infront of me!

The brief we were given was "To design and Create a never ending circle to represent someone or something connected with RHS Chelsea" So who better choose than the man himself, founded of the RHS Chelsea flower show as we know it, Sir Harry Vetich.

Using seeds and flowers brought over to the UK by plant gatherers hired by Sir Harry Veich I created my version of the never ending circle.

After the long drive to London I got started and spent two straight days with barely any sleep bringing all the aspects together. After set up on the Wednesday night, it was home to sleep for a few  hours before returning to the Grand pavillion at the show ground to await results.

You can imagine my delight when I was presented with my second RHS Chelsea flower show silver medal. Absolutely thrilled and over the moon! It just goes to show that hard work and grit determination does pay off!!

I cant thank everyone enough for all their help and support, right from qualifying to the help I had hanging my piece on the build up night ( I was still a little unsteady on my leg after rupturing my achilles tendon in the November! )

As usual it was breath taking to be part of such a prestigious and world famous event. All the competitors designs were fabulous. The whole Paviilion had us marveling at it's wonder and the gardens outside were indeed show stoppers!

If you have never been to the RHS Chelsea Flower show, I would most definitely recommend it, it is out of this world!

My finished piece

 My medal!! 

The RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year competitors 


No comments:

Post a Comment